Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back for More

The Fashionista: tilted hat, bald head, purple arm sock and two different shoes. You make it look GOOD, Faye!

Faye went back to the hospital today to begin Round 3 of Chemo. Everyone was getting anxious because they only like to have 30 days between the beginning of rounds and Faye was at day 45. Her counts had been up to 500 but when she was tested again today they had dropped to 460. They don't know why and talked for a minute about sending her home! Luckily they didn't and she had a bone marrow biopsy, some AraC, and was admitted to a new room. The preliminary results of the biopsy look good but more thorough results are coming soon.

Here's some pictures of Faye's short stay at home...

Making "Cutter Cookies"







Aaahhhh... normal kid stuff. Thank goodness she gets a little of that in the midst of all this. But, let's keep telling that cancer who's boss! YOU ARE FAYE! Round 3 here we come!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to end my night! I have been worried with not hearing anything for a few days....no wonder, Faye & family was having a great time together! Prayers are being answered!

(((hugs)))
Keep going Strong!

Tracy said...

Great pictures! She has totally got this! (Love how HUGE Nixon is!!!!)

Isabel said...

Oh, I loved reading about her doing normal kid stuff, it must be such a nice break for her!! Yes Faye, you can totally kick butt! Nixon is so adorable!

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so glad she got her time at home, the tennis pictures are darling. I love seeing her be a normal kid, so I can't imagine how that must make you guys feel.

Stace I know can you belive it 14 and a half more days at this point! I am so ready to hug you all, warn the boys their new favorite friend is coming. They will be about sick of my kisses when I leave!

Katie Ellis said...

My kids like to quote Punky Brewster "I have two different feet so I wear two different shoes." Your new kitchen looks nice! Nixon looks way too big. Guess I'll be seeing it all in person soon!

Thiago & Teri said...

Best of luck on round 3...hope all goes well. Love all the pictures from home Stace. Looks like her time spent with all of you was perfect. Love the name cookies, what a cute idea. And love her and her little hats, she sure makes it all look good.

Love you guys!!!

Keri said...

just reading you blog teaches me a greater deffinition of Family Time. So many things that I take for granite, but am inpsired to embrace and enhance that much more thanks to little Faye. Im so glad to see her having fun being a kid. so wonderful