Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Infection: Day 5

Around 4 this morning Faye started breathing rapidly. She got a chest x-ray and they think she might have pneumonia but they aren't sure. They did put her on oxygen and started a new medicine called Lasix. She continued breathing rapidly and her fever keeps spiking when the Tylenol wears off. Later today she will be receiving a blood transfusion, the IV nutrition, and an echo-cardiogram. The infectious disease doctors will be paying Faye a visit today as well and will probably advise to take out the PICC line just to be safe. At this point, they're not sure if it's still just the strep infection or if there is something else going on as well.

I'll update this same post as I hear more news today...

...Faye is still on oxygen. They think her right side lung still sounds kind of "crackly". And when she lays on her right side her oxygen levels go down. So they have her laying on her left side and think she's getting a healthy oxygen level. The infectious disease doctors suggested she get a CT scan to see if she has any fungus growing inside her. She did really good during the CT and laid still with her arms up like she was supposed to even though she was sad because she was cold.

I've got some new pics of Faye from this past week:


In Faye's new room (since she returned from her stay at home) there isn't a wall to hang her hats so they're on a clothesline in front of the window. Everyone still comments on how much they love her hats.
This is Faye and Gage. He's a sweet little guy that had to stay at the hospital for awhile too. Faye was content to walk by him with her baby. He used to love watching her ride. He would sit in a high chair outside his room and giggle when she went passed him.
Faye laying on her cooling blanket. They only set it to 2 degrees below her temperature so it was still 102!
Look how full her face is getting from all the fluids! I believe this was before they started her on the new medicine Lasix which is supposed to keep all the fluids making their way out.
Early Sunday afternoon Faye was feeling a little better for awhile and they decided to decorate her new companion. It was so good for Stacey to see a little smile out of her!
On the back, Faye decided she wanted to write her Aunt Annie's name. Then she wrote her own name and Mitchell's and drew pictures of them all. Faye's the one with no hair of course!
This was this morning. Pretty self explanatory!


*Update* CT scan came back negative for fungus! :)

9 comments:

Deeann said...

I just wanted to quickly thank Nick's sister for being so diligent in keeping this blog up to date. I'm a close friend of Stacey's and usually just text or call her with my thoughts and words of encouragement, but I check the blog daily (sometimes several times) to see how little Faye's doing. She and the rest of her sweet family are always in my thoughts and I so appreciate being able to log on and see the updates you've given us. We're continuously praying and doing our best to fight along with our little Super Faye!

Thanks again,

Deeann Hansen

Kristi Rowley said...

Yes, thanks for the updates. Your a strong Girl, Faye. We continue to pray for you.

Thiago & Teri said...

This is breaking my heart. I guess we knew days like this were inevitable...but still. I hate to think of her and all of you going through this. Praying for her to fight off this yucky infection and start feeling better. So sorry to hear this you guys...

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh these pictures are hurting my heart, love you sweet girl. You never leave my thoughts.....

Unknown said...

I just want to give Faye a big HUG! She is doing so good! I am so proud of her. As I am sure her family are.
Keep it up Faye YOU ARE STRONG!

Prayers still coming!

Lori said...

My sweet Faye... this makes me so sad. I wish this was one boo boo I could kiss and make all better. Be strong... you're in my heart and prayers every single day!!!
I love you soooo much, Grandma Lori

Piano Mom said...

I am so sad to catch up on Faye and find that she is SO SICK. I am so sorry. These times are the longest and hardest. There were many days that I didn't leave the rocking chair and little Erin slept on me all day and night burning with a fever. It is rough and I am just so sorry you guys are dealing with this. I hope her counts come up quickly and that she can heal soon. Lots of love and prayers are coming from our family to yours.

Emily Steele said...

I'm so sorry she's still not feeling well. So thankful her CT showed no fungus though! Hopefully the lasix will help her get rid of some of those extra fluids. She is such a cutie! We are all praying for her and for your family.

Cat said...

Poor Faye. Feel better soon sweet girl! We sure love you.