Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Infection

Faye's infection is still causing problems. This morning her fever was down, she was sitting up and talking. Although she still didn't eat she did drink some which she doesn't stay down long. But after getting their hopes up that it was on its way out, she took a bad turn this evening. Her fever went to 104 again. She was shaking. And the nurses thought she looked really bad, like drained and pale I guess. The doctors took a look and said her blood wasn't circulating properly. They said she was "modeling" and her "cap refill" was slow. I think Nick said that's when you push on your fingernail and it goes white and wasn't going back to pink. The doctors told the nurses to prep some of the PICU guys because she might be coming up soon. But after a bolus and Tylenol through the IV (so she wouldn't throw it up) she started to get a little better. She was pretty agitated when she was awake for awhile but is sleeping now. They gave her Avitan for her stomach pain and that knocks her out. So, she is still in her room. And it doesn't look like the PICC line will have to be removed because the cultures from yesterday came back negative. Yay Faye! Keep Fighting!

8 comments:

Summer Blackhurst said...

My heart aches for Faye. We're all fighting/praying for her too!

Tracy said...

Praying for her everyday! The Lord loves and is watching over you Faye!

Thiago & Teri said...

So some bad news, but some good news as well. Breaks my heart to think of her suffering and being so miserable, and for you guys to just have to sit there and not be able to help her. I hope and pray she can kick that infection and return to her normal (as normal as can be)self. Love you guys...thinking about you always.

Teri

Unknown said...

That a girl! Show 'em what your made of! Keep it up Faye...A TON of people are pulling and praying for you!

Isabel said...

I'm so sorry she's having a hard time right now, I guess in cases like this, it's good she has professionals so close to her. I'm so glad to hear some really good news! You're not alone Faye, we love you so much and Heavenly Father's angels are watching over you!

Britt said...

Hello! My name is Brittni Allen and I just joined the College Station LDS church, 1st ward, with my husband and two boys (2 years old & 5 months old). Every week in the relief society email they send out Faye's blog address so everyone can follow, and so I have been! Im so sorry that Faye has to go through all this period, but especially at such a young age! I couldn't imagine one my boys ever going through this! She seems like a very strong little girl though and I pray for her and I know so is everyone else at the church! Sorry I couldnt have met yall before all this happened but I know I will meet yall one day, even Faye, when yall come back to church! :) My heart goes out to yall and Faye and yall are all in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there Faye! God loves you! :) Keep fighting and stay strong!

Allen Family

Allyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allyson said...

I learned about Faye this weekend via Facebook and a mutual friend of Stacey's... Faye and her fam were immediately inducted into our thoughts and prayers. We are sending our love and good thoughts from Chicago!