Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Monday, June 13, 2011

UNO....according to Fever FREE Faye!

Yep that is right...we made it through. Faye has been officially fever free for the last two and a half days! Slowly we are feeling better, not quite eating a whole lot, but today they are going to scale down her TPN (nutrition through her IV) so now hopefully she will actually become hungry and want to eat.


Now onto the more important things....Fayes UNO rules....
1. She decides how many cards you get, it can be anywhere from 1 to 4 usually.
2. She also decides who goes first...how does she decide you might ask? Well she looks at the card that she will play off of, then looks at the card in her hand, if they match then she goes first, if not then you get to go first...usually it works out to her advantage.
3. She is very good at "her tricks" as she calls them. She knows that when playing with two people and she puts down a draw four, skip, reverse etc. she gets to go again, so she will play all the trick cards in a row she can so she can get rid of more of her cards in one turn.
4. She doesn't hide any of her numbered cards they all lay out, face up in front of her. But you know when she draws one of those "trick" cards, because she will hold it in her hand, and wait for the prefect moment to spring it on you.

I honestly wish all of you could get a chance to hang out with this little girl, and really get to see her true personality. Being able to spend this one on one time with her is a real treat. When she is feeling good, we have a great time. Just to see her smile about something is priceless!


Playing Pretty Pretty Princess with Dad and Mitchell!

Just last night she was playing the piano on the IPad, she hit three notes and then started giggling. She then hit the same three notes again and was so proud of herself. She then asked me "do you know what that sound is?" I replied with "no" She then played it again and said "that is the beeping of my IV cart". I couldn't help but laugh....I think we hear that beeping a bit too much!

Fayes friend Gage (little boy in older post) and his mom, stopped by with this balloon....probably one of the prettiest balloons I have ever seen.


So here is to getting Faye up and running again!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job Faye! Whoop, Whoop!
Our family played 8 games of UNO for F.H.E. Just for you! We had a blast! We were going to take a picture of us playing...but (I) Mom had already taken her make up off. hee, hee And there just isnt ANY reason to scare Faye with THAT!
Congratulations Faye...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

The Nelsons said...

So glad she's steadily getting better! And I love seeing those smiles! We went too long without those. I think she's got those UNO rules down pretty good. It sounds just like the way I play with Matt.

Amy said...

So happy to hear that she is starting to feel better! She and my daughter Lily would have such a blast playing UNO together!

Eric and Jenny said...

i like Faye's rules I am going to adopt them for myself, only problem is I guess I couldn't play against Faye if we both have the same rules!

Tracy said...

Love the uno rules! Love more that she is fever free!!!! Yay!!!

Thiago & Teri said...

So glad to hear she is up and doing so much better. What a relief. Laughed out loud at the Uno rules...she would get along great with Carson. He is a pretty big cheater himself.

Sharp Family said...

Hi! You guys don't know me but i saw a link to your blog from a friends facebook page. My heart aches for your family and that sweet little girl! She reminds me of my little girl a little bit and i just can't help but check in on your blog to see how shes doing! I hope you don't mind! Youre family has become part of our nightly prayers and we will continue praying little Faye keeps doing well! She seems fiesty and that kind of attitude will kick cancers butt!!! Much love and prayers!!

Isabel said...

That is so great to hear! LOVE good news, specially when they are related to Faye! She's so fun, I do wish I could get to hang out with her!

Kristi Rowley said...

GREAT NEWS! Keep it up Faye!

White Folk said...

Faye you are our hero! The White Folks sure love you and are praying for you EVERY day!

Holly said...

Hooray! I'm so glad she is doing better!! Looks like a party in her room. I wish we could all join you. :)

Katie Ellis said...

Has Faye learned the phrase "danger pile" yet? I think she should become my uno apprentice (or maybe I should be hers).