Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Too Good to be True


After only 6 waking hours at home, Faye is on her way back to the hospital with the whole family in tow. She was verging on a fever during the night. This morning Faye and Nick went back to Houston for her scheduled tests, afraid they would say she needed to stay due to the fever. But her temperature was just 99, so they got to go back home. At home she mostly laid on the couch feeling pretty yucky. Her temperature made it's way up to 101.4 and they called the hospital. They said she better come back, get readmitted and get on some antibiotics and that she most likely won't be able to go back home this time around. ARG! What a blow. They were so excited to be a normal family and really needed the break from the hospital. I think it's all begun to hit a threshold and is really wearing them down. I hope we can all increase our prayers to help buoy them up.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

With out a doubt, we will increase those prayers! I believe the "gates" of heaven will be flooded with in a few short hours!

Eric and Jenny said...

You are just getting a streak of bad luck is all right now, the tides will change, soon it will be good luck again. Love you Meldrums, prayers are with you now and always. Thanks for talking with me Stace, my dear friend I treasure our chats and thank my father in heaven every day for my dear Stacey. I love you all, keep your sweet smiles in place...you have lots of angels behind you guiding your way.

Thiago & Teri said...

I'm so sorry you guys, this must be a real disappointment. I am sorry Faye has to go through all of this, I hate that her fever is back. I wish things could be so very different. Remember this scripture..."my son, peace be unto thy soul, thine adversity and thine affliction shall be but a small moment. And then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high, thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."
You can do this, it is one small moment in your lives, you will rise above, you will win the battle and be all the stronger for it.

All my love, prayers, hugs and kisses. Stace, imagine my arms around you okay. Love you. You can do this. Keep fighting.

Camille said...

We pray for you everyday, Faye!! Keep fighting!! You are amazing!

Summer Blackhurst said...

Keep up the pace picante. You can do it ;)

Love ya,

Summer

Katie Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabel said...

I'm so sorry Faye, how frustrating!! I will be praying really hard for you tonight! Hope you can feel all of our love!

Emily Steele said...

So sorry to hear that your stay at home got cut short! Faye, you are an amazing young lady. You have so many people praying for you and hoping that you'll feel better real soon. Nick and Stacey, keep fighting the fight...it's not easy, but keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel.