Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.


Friday, March 9, 2012

Make a Wish Day 6 - Magic Kingdom Round Two!

Day Six started off with a bit of rain!  It wasn't raining when we left the villa, but we heard it might so we stopped at Walmart and grabbed some ponchos fro everyone for $16.  Sure glad we did because when we were at the park we saw someone buying ponchos and spent $35 for three of them!

I thought Faye looked especially cute in hers!
Of course on our last day here, Mitchell and Faye had to ride their "Favorite" ride.  The Magic Carpets!  And visit with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Nixon was okay with just eating his poncho.
It rained for a good part of the morning and was pretty gloomy.  But once it cleared up it turned out to be a very nice day.  
With how strong Faye is, I am surprised she couldn't get this sword out!

A trip to Disney isn't complete without a ride on It's a Small World.  Go ahead and sing the song to yourself.  You know you want to.

Faye took over Nixon duty on this ride. 

This was one of my favorite memories of the ride.  The three of us in this picture were so excited for the tea cups.  The first time we packed the whole family inside a tea cup with some moderate spinning.  Stacey was not too happy with the three of us for spinning her around.  Nixon didn't mind it so much.  He may have even enjoyed it. 

The second time we ditched the two wimps and did some real spinning.  Faye and Mitchell couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't stop laughing at them.  So much fun. 

This is their idea of a good time. Nixon and I had a lot of cuddle time to make up for!  It was so fun this whole trip because when he would get fussy during the day I could just hold him, he would lay on me, and fall asleep for a little bit, get a quick nap in and then be ready to go!

We were just wandering around Fantasyland minding our own business when we got surprised by Stacey's cousin Josh, his wife Stacie, and their cute little girls.  The story went something like this: One of their daughters said: "Look mom!  Faye is here!" 
"No, sweetie that's not Faye.  You are silly."
"Yeah mom, it is Faye.  She's right there." 
Stacie then realized it was Faye and stopped us.   The kids had a great time running around terrorizing Fantasyland for a bit.  Then we all got in line to ride Peter Pan before going our separate ways. It was such a fun surprise.

Mitchell wasn't about to try Thunder Mountain but Faye was ready for an adventure.  She went once with dad and once with mom.  Squealing the entire time with delight. 

One of Faye's adopted princess poses! 

All throughout the park we kept seeing people with these giant turkey legs.  Nick took it upon himself to get one before we left the park.  So I went to feed Nixon, and when I came out I was greeted by Nick, Mitchell, Faye....and a giant Turkey Leg!

We made a pit stop at the Wish Lounge.  They have a room next to the first aid station set aside for wish families to let them rest.  It was set up with TV, books, toys, drinks, and games.  It was nice to let Faye lounge out and Nixon crawl around and explore for a bit. 

We camped out on the curb to wait for the parade.  It sprinkled on us but never go too bad. 

The kids loved the parade.  Lots of princess, princes, and other characters waved and blew kisses to Faye. 

We headed back to Hollywood studios to make good on our promise to watch Fantasmic.  We got there a little early and were able to just sit and have a snack and play around waiting for the show.  The show did not disappoint and the kids were very impressed.  

After the show Faye said she  wanted to go on the "aligator" (Faye speak for elevator) ride.  I had a talk with her to tell her all about it before agreeing to take her.  I told her they try and pretend like it is really scary, they tell you a story, you ride around in the elevator, and then it gets dark and goes up and down really fast.  Her eyes got wide while she looked at me and nodded her head saying "Yeah. I wanna go".  So we went and she loved it.  Such an adventurous little one.  

While they went on the ride Mitchell (the unadventurous one) and I rode Toy Story again.  When Nick and Faye finished they came back to us.  Faye was so excited about the ride that she wanted to go again on it with me!  So Faye and I set off to the tower, leaving the boys to ride toy Story....yet again!  We made the trek to the ride, but when we got there the gate was closed and there was a worker standing there saying they were closed for the night!  I cannot even describe look that Faye got on her face.  She was so disappointed and her eyes got teary!  I grabbed her hand, and we made a slow walk back to the boys.  Her head hung down the whole disappointed she wasn't able to ride it again!

Stacey did a great job of cheering her up and we headed over to Downtown Disney to let them pick out a souvenir.  Faye found a sleeping beauty statue to pose next to. 

So many things to choose from but she narrowed it down to a little princess set but still had a hard time picking only one.  The final decision was a Tangled set. 
Mitchell chose a how to draw Disney characters book and Nixon decided he was too little and didn't need anything because it just wasn't a responsible thing to do.  

1 comment: