Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Another Successful Doctors Visit.....

I know what you are all thinking, wait a minute we missed a few days of a wonderful trip!  Dont worry those posts are coming!  The holidays were a bit overwhelming for me this year, I wasnt quite prepared for the holidays and it became too much!  I didnt feel like I was enjoying myself as much as I should and felt there was too much to do.  So the blog posts got left for a New Year! 
But we had a wonderful holiday!  On Christmas Eve the kids graced us with a bike show.....one of the perks of being in Texas!   
 Mitchell and Faye were feeling charitable so they wrapped up "the old toys they didnt want to give to Nick and I" 

All ready for Church!
Christmas was wonderful, Faye is so funny! It was fun hearing her sing her favorite christmas songs around the house...or at least one line of them:
Do you See an Icee
Joy to the Prophet
Tis the season to be here
We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy to you


 On the 27th we took a visit to the doctor!  She is being brave right here, but about two secodns later it was time to really get the poke in her finger...we are still working on being brave! But who can blame the girl?
WBC: 3.52  (4.88 last time)
HGB: 13.6 (13.9)
Platelets: 181 (163)
ANC: 1610 (2870)
Monos: 10.8 (7.4)
The fact that everything is a little lower from last time makes us a bit nervous, but the doctor said she looks great!  I did tell the doctor that she constantly has a runny nose, so the doctor said that that could be a reason why her White Blood Count is lower this time, because her body is trying to fight something off, so its lower because its working harder.  So we will take it as another succesful month down!

Two days after the doctors visit we had a bit of an accident!  On the 29th she was running in the driveway and took a spill!  Getting cleaned was no fun, and she kept getting upset because "Nixon kept getting her"  It scabbed up pretty good, and she kept telling us that when she blinked really hard "like this" and would show us what she meant...it hurt, made us laugh every time!  Luckily it healed quickly, and she is good as new! 

Like I said Trip pictures are coming, dont worry, I am excited to share them with you!  And share more of our trip!  Its fun to look at all the pictures and relive those wonderful memories!

6 comments:

Cute Family said...

My favorite part of that blog is, "do you see an icee" that cracks me up!!

The Nelsons said...

Her song lines are hilarious. And what was that delicious looking dinner?? I need that recipe! So so glad the Dr apt went well. We gotta keep those up!

Unknown said...

Hey Meldrum family.. I have so missed y'all! I am so glad your Holidays were as "Crazy" as it should have been...(lol) I love all your posts...I cant wait to hear more about the trip!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Ashley and Devan said...

I'm so glad she is doing great. And look at all that hair Faye has! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Can't wait to see more from your trip!

Katie Ellis said...

Love the lyrics. 100x better than most Christmas songs on the radio. You guys are so stinkin cute!! I can't take it anymore. Move back. Now!

Piano Mom said...

I love to see updates on Faye. And, I'm anxiously awaiting the MAW pictures!

Erin has had a runny nose for over a year. I wonder if it just has something to do with her immune system being killed 5 times. It just runs, it's been clear, but always running. Her platelets look great though!!!!!