Three-year-old Faye was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on April 11, 2011. After 135 days in the hospital, Faye was able to spend 3 years at home. On September 5th 2014 she was told that she had relapsed. She was able to achieve a second remission and had a bone marrow transplant on Oct 17th 2014.

fundraisers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This is what Faye has been waiting for!

 She has been praying for weeks that she could get to go to church!  Finally on Sunday her wish came true!  Everyday for the past two weeks she has been asking me if it was church day.  The week before this she could have attended church, but it was General Conference, but another week to let that immune system get good and healthy we will take it!  It must be doing something right, because Mitchell caught a cold, then passed it on to me,  and Faye has yet to get it!  So that is great! 
 She was so excited about her new dress, and showed everyone at church, or made sure if they came up to talk to her that they noticed her new dress! 
 Before church picture....not the greatest, but the best we could do with a self timer! 


Aren't these the cutest kids you have ever seen? 
Faye had such a good time at church, she loved every minute of it, and wasn't shy at all to go to her class, she walked right into primary and sat there!  What a wonderful day to be able to attend church all together. 

Monday was Columbus Day, Mitchell had school off.  We were in dire need of a trip tot he grocery store....so I got a little ambitious and took all three kids to the grocery store by myself, this is the first time I have done that!  I had to keep reminding myself  "It wasn't too long ago that you dreamed of the day that you would get to take all three of your kids anywhere together, better than one being in the hospital"  now after doing it I am not so sure!  No really they were fine, but we had a talk right before we went in, and I said there will be no teasing each other, no climbing on the end of the cart, and you will stay right by me....you would have thought I said please do all these things while we are at the store! 
Still better than being at the hospital!

Mitchell came home from school today with this story he wrote in class, his teacher had told me that he wrote a cute story about Faye...she was right!  He is such a sweet big brother!

Mitchell's teacher says he is very open with his class about Faye!  they ask why he draws pictures of her without any hair, and he explains it all to her.  His teacher asked if we minded that he was so open about what is going on.  Of course we don't mind we are glad he will talk about it.  I asked his teacher if it ever gets distracting to the class though, let us know!

8 comments:

hipsterdoofus said...

Aw, that was a fun treat! Seeing something Mitchell did in school is so fun. He's got some good detail on that iv tower! Faye's new dress is super cute and your kids are seriously the cutest! Love you guys!

hipsterdoofus said...

this is Julia, bytheway.

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! I am so glad Faye got to go to church! I bet she just lit the place up!

So glad all is well with ALL the Meldrums!

Troy said...

Yay for Faye! Church is so important. I am so excited for her. Michell is quite an artist!!!

Ryan and Hetz said...

That is so neat to have and keep forever. It melts my heart how much he watched out for his little sister. I think it's great that he is so open about it!

Chalisse Martineau said...

Stacy, you have amazing kids! I am glad you all got to attend church together. We pray that things continue to go well for all of you.

Thiago & Teri said...

The sweet girl looks so beautiful in her new dress...all of you look so cute.

I laughed at your comment on the grocery store with all 3 kids, its an adventure isn't it. I swear everytime I go with all three of mine I swear I will never do it again. Such fun.

Katie Ellis said...

Love the dress and the matching hair-thingy. Did you make it? I can just picture the store thing. It is sooo hard to take them to the store, but I'm glad this is your new trial!! I'm excited to hear all about your adventures as a mother of three! Mitchell's story and picture are amazing. He's such a great kid.